Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 1 of Fundamentals!

Day 1!!!

Today was a great first day of school! It was not as scary as I thought it would be. I love my Fundamentals instructor so far. She made the five hours of lecture go by quite quickly actually, and every so often she made a joke or two, which was a nice moment of relief from the reality of what we're all getting ourselves into.

We will be having an exam every other week - so basically every odd week of the semester, except for week 1. That is how my Pharmacology class was set up as well. At least there are no surprises; I already know when every exam is for the entire semester. Most of the exams are 70 questions and cover about a million chapters of reading. Our first exam on week 3 will cover about 14 chapters from the textbook.......  good grief. I have EIGHT, yes E-I-G-H-T chapters to read by next lecture, which is next Wednesday. I only got 1.5 chapters read earlier today, which was actually pretty good considering the fact that I'm sick and don't really feel up to doing anything, let alone studying/reading.

I feel at home in the nursing program so far. Deep down, I know this is my true calling in life! All the hard work will be worth it when I finally graduate :)  I just keep telling myself one chapter, one day, one week, one class, one semester, one year, etc. at a time! That way things don't get so overwhelming.

Because I'm the biggest dork in the history of ever, I had my fiance take a "first day of school" picture of me before I left for school this morning. I know, I know... so dorky. But I am so glad I have that picture to look back on. I look so incredibly excited/happy. Every time I feel like quitting, I'm going to look at that picture and try to reflect on my excitement to push me back up and help get me through any difficult times I have along the way.

Anyway, that's all for now. Next Monday I have off of school but Tuesday I'll be in the skills lab for six hours learning two skills and then doing skills check offs. Then back for more lecture on Wednesday. :)

My normal schedule will be Mondays & Tuesdays 8am-2pm and Wednesdays 8am-1pm. I also work every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday so we'll see how that goes during nursing school as well :)

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment