So, I haven't written in here since March, but a few awesome things have happened for me the past few months!!!!
I finished Pharmacology and Nursing Informatics both with 4.0's which is AMAZING!!! I worked my butt off for those grades and am very proud of it! I took them both during the Spring semester instead of taking them during Fall semester along with Fundmentals. I'm sure that was the right move - Fundamentals is going to take up so much of my time, I'm glad I don't have to worry about taking other difficult classes along with it.
Speaking of Fundamentals! Guess what starts NEXT WEDNESDAY ???? AHHHH! I can NOT believe it's already here! I have all my books and supplies ready to go. There are quite a few of them! I hope we don't need to bring all of them to class each week! WHEW! I also have my scrubs and lab jacket purchased. I bought a pair of shoes at an outlet mall near me but I'm going to return them and get a stethoscope with my store credit. Once I got them home and tried them on I discovered the back flips up, which was really uncomfortable for me. My sister found a really awesome pair at Meijer for only $29.99 so I plan on going up there to get those instead.
I still have a few small items to get that I don't need for a few weeks, but I will be ordering them on Amazon soon.
I am so incredibly excited to finally be starting my nursing journey! I was on the waiting list for two years but those two years really flew by! I'm sure the next two will fly by as well (if I'm lucky, ;) ) Just kidding - I love school and studying and cannot wait to start next Wednesday!
On another note, this was probably horrible timing but I finally made the decision to leave my current job of nearly five years and get a less stressful and more flexible job that happens to be close to my school. I absolutely love it there but am terrified to put my two-week notice in at my current job! Change is so scary, but I'm ready for it!
I will try to update as often as I can on here; I really want to keep a "captain's log" during my nursing school journey so I can look back when I'm done and see where I began, my struggles throughout my journey, and everything in between.
Until next time!
Friday, August 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment